Income Opportunities for Homeowners
Vacation Tahoe by O’Neal Brokers
Thank you for visiting our website for rental property management, developed for homeowners such as yourself who would like to explore income opportunities available through vacation or long term rentals. We understand that you may have many questions regarding vacation or long term rentals and we would like to take this opportunity to answer questions regarding, property requirements, property maintenance and owner benifits. Our program is designed to work around your use of your property, we simply fill in the gaps for a little extra income when you, your family or friends are not visiting Tahoe. You can also opt to block off entire season for your personal use, whatever your schedule is we will work around it!
Vacation Tahoe has been serving owners and guests in the California communities of Lake Tahoe since 1976 and enjoy an excellent reputation of happy and satisfied customers. Our staff of three full time Rental Agents are here to work for you.
The office is open daily and offers a 24-hour emergency number for guests. Our toll free reservation number 800-222-5758 and direct email email@example.com, provide guests with two convenient methods of contacting our friendly staff who personally book each reservation. The personal contact we have with each prospective tenant enables us to screen them before they have your keys!
Our new website offers prospective customers the ease of booking anywhere, from their home computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone.
The items and amenities listed below are very important to the successful rental of your Tahoe home. These items will help to ensure that your tenant will have an enjoyable stay at your property, and will enable the tenant to leave your home as clean as they found it.
- Clean mattress pads for every bed
- 2 Clean sheet sets for each bed, with no stains, rips or tears.
- Clean pillows and pillowcases
- At least one nice blanket and an attractive bedspread or comforter for each bed.
- Clean Towel sets for each guest, with no rips, tears or stains (and back up sets, depends on occupancy).
- Kitchen to be equipped for maximum unit occupancy and is to include:
- Coffee Maker
- Assorted Mixing Bowls
- Pots & Pans with Lids
- Roasting Pan
- Water and Wine Glasses
- Full Set of Dishes
- Serving & Cooking Utensils
- Can Opener & Corkscrew
- Hot Pads & Dish Towels
- TV with Cable
- DVD/Blue Ray Player(optional)
- Docking station highly recommended
- Functioning Smoke Detectors, Co2 Alarms & Fire Extinguishers
- Extra batteries – all sizes
- Extra light bulbs – kept supplied throughout the year
- Candles, matches and flashlight
- Cleaning Supplies
- Working vacuum cleaner with extra bags and belts
- Broom with dust pan
- Detergent for dishwasher & sink
- Laundry Soap
- Garbage Bags
- Paper Towels
- Furnishings must be clean and in good repair. Must be adequate for the maximum occupancy of the house. If the home sleeps 8 people, it must have adequate seating at the dining table or dining plus bar for 8.
- Bedrooms need good lighting for reading and must have a dresser and/or closet.
- Trash Cans and secure Bear Bin.
- Water & Sewer
- Snow removal for your parking areas, clearly marked with snow stakes during the winter months. It is understood that the agent may hire, at owner’s expense, someone to hand shovel steps and walkways at the start of each winter rental.
- Snow Shovels (even condos)
- Window screens on all windows and sliding doors
- Adequate exterior lighting (motion lighting is most efficient)
- House address posted to ensure good visibility from the street
- Hot Tub (optional)
- Service contract with local spa service
- Locks or security device
- Clearly displayed instructions for operation
We Strongly Recommend the Following
- Telephone with number clearly displayed
- Flat Screen TV’s
- BBQ (gas is great but not necessary)
- Assorted games and puzzles
- Designated area to store ski gear such as a mudroom or protected entry
- Outdoor Deck/Patio Furniture (summer only)
MAINTAINING YOUR INVESTMENT
Maintaining the cleanliness of your Lake Tahoe vacation home is one of the most important aspects of ensuring return guests. Happy, satisfied customers offer the best form of advertising in an age where online reviews and social networks are instantly available to anyone looking.
The following outlines the responsibilities of our office, you the homeowner and those of our guests. Following these guidelines will help to ensure that your home is kept clean, and well maintained.
Vacation Tahoe’s Responsibilities
- Personally check each property prior to and after each rental
- Ensure proper security of home upon rental guest departures (heat down, water off, all doors and windows locked)
- Note any damages and report any maintenance problems to owner immediately
- Contact local repairmen to complete any necessary repairs
- Schedule housekeeping services and perform inspections
- Make all payments to vendors and housekeepers for services rendered
- Maintain property to ensure properly functioning appliances, furnishings, window coverings, ect.
- Replace bedding/towels as needed, including pillows, mattress and mattress pads.
- Annual window & carpet cleaning
- Semi-annual deep cleans
- Pest control
- Spa service if applicable
- Snow Removal
- Empty trash
- Strip beds
- Start laundry
- Secure property upon departure
- Reduce heat setting to 55 degrees
One of the greatest benefits of sharing your Lake Tahoe home is the satisfaction of knowing that you are providing a place where special memories can be made for your guests.
Following is a list of more “tangible” benefits:
Income – considerations include:
- Availability for rent during peak periods (owner usage can be blocked off for any dates, no restrictions)
- Proximity to local attractions
- Square footage and number of beds
- Overall condition of property
- Homeowner amenities:
- such as pool, tennis, beach access
- Property depreciation
- Deductions for home maintenance, repairs & cleaning
- Deductions for property management fees
- Contact your tax consultant for further information
Home supervision for remote owners:
- Your home is check before and after each renter.
- General Maintenance
- Snow Removal Needs
- Emergency Response
For more answers to your questions on rental property management feel free to contact us directly……